Warning! Even though super fast weight loss is possible, it is neither healthy nor a long-term solution to your weight problem. Many sites on the Internet claim that significant weight loss can be achieved in days; but, these are generally sites endorsing the top ten fad diets.
Some websites make outrageous claims about super fast weight loss. That type of weight loss usually consists of 90% water and is strictly temporary weight loss because you will regain that weight as soon as your body returns to its normal hydration level. It's important to understand the two primary reasons your body requires lots of water:
1. Your body cells need to be hydrated in order to replenish and multiply properly.
2. Water helps to eliminate both waste and toxins from your body.
Some of the top ten fad diets are hyped-up diet plans that stay in vogue as long as they generate money for the marketers who are hyping the plans. In some cases, these plans are nutritionally acceptable and, if followed correctly, actually result in weight loss. However, many times they prove difficult to follow and people give up after a short period of time (ever tried the cabbage soup diet?). Furthermore, your doctor can probably recommend (for free) a similar diet tailored to your situation.
Be aware of the following symptoms:
1. Diets that promise quick and easy weight loss do not give the benefits that you would get from a balanced diet because they are usually based on eating more of one food type and none of another. These diets may suggest you take supplements but many supplements are not absorbed by the body unless they are taken along with the foods that are not included in the diet. If you stick to this type of diet for several weeks, you may begin to develop nutritional deficiencies.
2. Fad diets are often restrictive and boring. After the novelty of the first day or two, the meals are not enjoyable. It will not be long before you start to crave food constantly and break the diet. You might even start feeling guilty, blaming yourself for not losing weight on your new diet.
3. Most fad diets do not take into consideration recommendations of the American Heart Association regarding fat levels in the diet. Fad diets will often recommend consuming high fat foods and reducing carbohydrates. Over a period of time, this type of fad diet could result in heart disease. People marketing these fad diets may tell you that they are only intended to be followed for a short time. But, if you don't lose weight in that short period of time, what are your options? You either continue following an unhealthy plan or stop following the plan and gain back the weight you lost.
4. Many fad diets do not incorporate enough servings of fruits and vegetables in the weight loss program. And many do not recommend the variety of foods that your body needs.
5. Super fast weight loss diets are just temporary solutions and do not help you to permanently change your eating habits. The only way to remain at your target weight once you reach it is through permanent change. Following fad diets results in yo-yo diet-binge cycles of fast weight loss and equally fast weight gain. Both your health and your self esteem will be better if you simply remain overweight all the time instead of following one of the top ten fad diets.
Watch out for the marketers! Fad diets will not help you in the long run. The absolute best way to lose weight and keep it off is to find and follow a healthy diet, exercise regularly,..... and avoid fad diets.