Quick weight loss diet does not mean starving yourself to slim down. A quick weight loss diet is actually just a little tweaking on what you are used to eating. You're not losing weight for the next big date or the next summer holidays. You're losing weight for your health. So a quick weight loss diet should not only get you there fast, but be sure to make it one that will be there for the long haul.
1. Find more fiber in grains. You don't have to swear off carbs to get your dream body. Your quick weight loss diet should include three to five servings of fiber-rich whole grains, or half of your daily grain requirement. Look for the word "whole" in cereals, biscuits, pastas, and bread and make sure you're getting two or more grams of fiber for every 100 calories in your grain product.
2. Make it 5 servings of fruits and veggies. You don't need to be a genius to know that fruits and vegetables are the healthiest fare you can ever hope to find. But did you know that, on the average, vegetarians are found to weigh less than the non-vegetarians? Yes, some 20% less in fact. But you don't have to go all the way to make it a quick weight loss diet. Simply strive to eat a minimum of five servings of fruits and vegetables daily. Try a new one every so often, your palate and your body will thank you for it.
3. Berries are loaded with all the goods. Berries don't just make colorful dessert toppings; they're also on top of the list of healthiest food choices. Loaded with phytonutrients and antioxidants that fight disease-causing free radicals, berries make an essential addition to your quick weight loss diet. Berries are also packed with Vitamin C, folate and fiber so you're definitely getting a lot from these tiny fruits.
4. Spice it up for flavor. Being on a quick weight loss diet doesn't mean resigning yourself to a lifetime of bland food. Calories in seasonings and sauces do pack a lot of calories that can add up without you realizing it. So go for the low-calorie ones; great sources for these are spicy sauces, Cajun seasonings, and salsa - great for flavor but really low in calories. Hot pepper also has an ingredient that suppresses the appetite. And that spice burning up your taste buds? They're also burning up your digestive fires to temporarily burn more calories.
5. Don't deprive yourself. Indulge in a treat every now and then to stave off the cravings. One way to still stick to your quick weight loss diet plan when indulging on high-calorie foods is to eat just half a portion. That should be enough to satisfy and keep the bingeing at bay.
Quick weight loss diet is all about making smart decisions when it comes to food. Remember the cardinal rule to slimming down: eat lesser calories than what you burn. It goes without saying that you have to be extra vigilant about what you're munching on. It's not just size, but content as well.